Quick Guide: Getting Started with Dress Measurement
Dress measurement requires no sign-in or sign-up. After you download it from the app store, you can immediately start using it. To begin:
- Open the app
- You can do this by selecting the “+” icon on the top-left corner of the app. It will bring up a page where you can enter a name, select a gender, choose a color, and the unit of measurement (whether in centimenters(CM) or Inches (IN). Fill out the name, select the body type, color and unit of measurement, then press save when you are done. Great. You have just created your first profile.
- Now that you’ve created a profile, you can begin to enter your measurements. We have default avatars that are labeled with commonly measured body parts on the app. You can scroll through the pages to find the body part that you want to measure. For example, if you want to save a hip measurement, scroll through the pages, when you find hip, tap on it. It will open up a new page. You will find an empty input box, tap on it and enter your measurement. If you are doing self-measurement, tap on the info button on the image present, You will find tips on how to measure yourself. When you are done entering your measurement, tap save. That’s it! You’ve saved your first measurement.
- If you find scrolling through the Avatar pages tedious, you can enter your measurements through the list view page. If you’ve upgraded to Tailor Shop (premium version of the app), tap on the second icon on the bottom left, if you are using the free version, tap on the middle icon. When you are on the list page, search for any body part, tap on it, then enter your measurement. If you have exhausted the default body measurements and need to create your own measurements, our custom measurement feature for subscribers allows you to do that. You can draw your own measurement and save it. Read more about that here.
- If you created a profile in inches, and you want to switch to centimeters, you can easily do this. On the top-left corner of the page, you will see a toggle icon that switches between cm/in. Another way is to navigate to the profile settings of that particular profile and change it from there.
- Tap on the last icon on the bottom left. It will open up a new page where you can select the profile settings. On the profile settings page, you will be able to change settings like the name of the profile, color, and unit of measurement. The page settings allow you to enable and disable the measurement pages, i.e., pages you’d like to hide or see for each profile. This feature is only available for Tailor Shop Subscribers.
- Once you are done filling in your measurement, you can go back to the home, and click on the select button on the top-right corner of the app. Select your profile, and click the export icon on the bottom-left corner of the app. This allows you to export your profile in CSV or PDF. After exporting, you can share or send it to whomever you want.