Custom measurement allows you to draw out your own unique measurements on an avatar, and label it. You can also add instructions or tips that you believe the measurement might require. In this article, we are going to walk you through the following processes: How to create, edit and delete a custom measurement.
How to Create A Custom Measurement:
To create your first custom measurement, follow these steps:
Create A New Page
- Open a profile
- Click the “+ ” icon on the top-right corner of the page, or scroll to the end of the pages until you see an empty page with a “Add New Page” button. Tap on either of these to create a new page. A popup will appear asking you to add a new page. Click on the “+” icon.
- The next page you will see is the “Choose an Avatar” page. This contains three options: a front view, a back view, and a side view. Select any of these to move to the next step.
- A new page with the avatar you chose would have been created. The avatar will be empty of any measurements. You can start drawing your custom measurement.
Add Custom Measurement Lines:
- Tap on the “+” icon at the top-right corner of the app. A pop-up will appear giving you two options. Select “Add custom measurement”
- A white circle will appear on the page. Drag it to the place on the avatar where you want to start, then press continue.
- Drag down the circle to draw a line, and stop when you want. To keep drawing another line, use the “+” button to add a new line or the “-” button to remove a line. When you are done drawing, tap on “save measurement”.
Add Measurement Label:
- Next, drag out the circle to draw a label line, and tap “set label” to continue. This will open up a page where you can add:
- A name to your label,
- An image guide (Adding a name is required, but adding instructions and an image guide is optional)
- To add a name, tap on Label’s Name. You will see two input boxes titled: “Full Name” and “Short Name”. The full name represents the full name of your measurement while the short name represents the shorthand version of your measurement. We recommend that you add both. For example, you can have a measurement that says “Shoulder to Elbow” as the full name, and “STE” as the shorthand. When you are done naming the label, tap done.
- Tap on instructions and enter the tip for the measurement instruction. Do the same for the image guide if you are interested in showing an image.
- Once you are done with all these, tap on save. You have just created a custom measurement.
Add Measurement to your newly custom measurement line: To add the actual measurement, tap on the newly created measurement line, then input your measurement.
Repeat the process if you have more measurements to create. You can draw more custom measurements on the same Avatar or add a new page to keep creating more measurements.
How to Edit A Custom Measurement:
Go to the page of the custom measurement you want to edit. Note that you cannot edit a default measurement, you can only edit the measurement that you created for yourself.
- Go into edit mode: Tap on the edit button in the top-right corner of the app. This will take you to the edit mode.
- Select the line you want to edit
- Tap on the custom measurement line you want to edit. Once tapped, the line will turn to a bright yellow color with double circles at the end of each line to show that it has been activated. (See above)
- Now, press continue (the big yellow button at the bottom of the app)
- You should see a big circle at the bottom of the line, move it around. Now you can edit your measurement. To add more lines or remove a line, use the “+” or “-” buttons. When you are done, save the changes.
- Edit Label:
- When you save changes, it takes you to the page where you can edit the label. If you want the label to be as it was before, just press “Confirm changes” to continue. But if you want to edit the label, move the pulsating label button around to reposition the label. You can choose to shorten or elongate the length or completely reposition it. It is up to you. When you are done, tap “confirm changes.”
- This takes to you the next page where you can edit the label’s name or instructions and image guide. You can skip this process and do it later.
- Tap save and you are done.
If you want to edit the label’s name or instructions and image guide later, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the custom measurement page and tap on the particular measurement button
- Tap the more button on the top-right corner of the app.
- This will open up the measurement details page. You can edit the label’s name, instructions, and image guide, and also delete the measurement.
How To Delete A Custom Measurement
Note that you cannot delete a default measurement, you can only disable the pages. Deleting a custom measurement can be done in two ways:
First Way – Through the Edit Mode
- Go into edit mode by tapping the edit button in the top-right corner of the app.
- Tap on the custom measurement line to activate it, then press continue
- Press and hold down on the line you want to delete
- Then tap the “delete” button that appears.
Second Way – Through the Data Entry Page
- Go to the custom measurement page that has the line you want to delete
- Tap on the measurement button. This opens the data entry page for the measurement
- Then tap the more button (three horizontal dots) on the top-right corner of the app. This opens up more details about the measurement.
- Here, you will see a delete button. Tap on the button to delete the measurement.