👩🏾💻 Remote UX/UI Designer – West Africa
2.7M to 4M Naira per year (42k to 63k GHS per year)
Salary Pegged to US Dollar
10% salary increase if you accept Bitcoin
We are looking for a self-driven and enthusiastic UX/UI Designer to join our growing company, and work remotely as an international contractor in West Africa. The ideal candidate will possess a skill set that encompasses both UX and UI and the ability to carry out implementation with our development team in an Agile environment. We want a candidate that is able to deliver an outstanding user experience providing an exceptional and intuitive application design. You will be designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, forms, buttons, and widgets.
To perform well on this job, you will require a reliable internet connection and mastery of the English language.
👩🏾🔬 👩🏾💻 Aeeiee supports women in STEM! We wish to promote gender diversity in our team and encourage women to apply for our new open positions.
- Take concepts from whiteboard to wireframes, through to high-fidelity design prototypes, and roll out to clients.
- Assist Product Owner and business stakeholders in strategizing and developing a suite of applications for iOS, Android, and Web
- Communicate with clients to understand their business goals and objectives
- Develop technical and business requirements
- Conduct ongoing user research
- Design User Interfaces (UI) in addition to curating the overall User Experience (UX)
- Efficiently manage assigned project and tickets, and communicate with Lead Developer and Product Owner / Project Manager
- One day a week, you will take part in 60-120 minute long leadership training sessions with the CEO over videoconference. Videos and short reading assignments are mandatory.
- Work hours that allow a minimum of a 4 hour overlap with our Arizona team. (e.g. 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. Lagos time or 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Accra time)
- Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Information Architecture (IA), Interaction Design (ID), or a related field, OR 2+ years experience as a UX/UI Designer or similar role
- A reasonably sized portfolio showing your design work, and/or artwork, digital or otherwise
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of the artistic and branding process: artistic balance, color scheme, color psychology, font typography, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Digital Art, drawing with a mouse or pen
- Experience in Graphic Design
Candidates with the following skills and experience will be given a stronger preference:
- Experience working on an Agile Team
- Experience creating Vector graphics
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud products including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign Adobe XD, Acrobat, and Dreamweaver
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced, and demanding environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Dedication to do whatever is needed to get the job done
- You are a lifelong learner, open to new opportunities and always willing to learn new skills.
- You remain up-to-date on modern design trends within scope of expertise to provide ideas, guidance, and recommendations
You must have strong English language (verbal and written communication) skills. Candidate should be able to contribute in group meetings, provide project updates, write functional/training documents and relay information accurately to other parties.
Teamwork and Values
We are looking for someone who is approachable, friendly, enjoys working in a team environment, with self awareness and a high emotional intelligence (EQ). We are looking for someone who loves learning and is not intimidated by reading. Above all, we’re looking for a person with high personal standards of excellence and integrity.