👩🏾💻 Remote Product Owner – Africa
6M – 10M Naira (112,000 – 187,000 GHS) per year
Salary Pegged to US Dollar
10% salary increase if you accept Bitcoin
We are looking for a self-driven and experienced Agile Product Owner to join our growing company, and work remotely as an international contractor in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, or India. If chosen, you would be responsible for product ownership across our Web and iOS Teams.
To perform well on this job, you will require a reliable internet connection.
👩🏾🔬 👩🏾💻 Aeeiee supports women in STEM! We wish to promote gender diversity in our team and encourage women to apply for our new open positions.
- Responsible for innovation and end-to-end launch of products.
- Partners with stakeholders and customers across the organization to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritization.
- Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of stakeholders.
- Leads the product functional design process based on an intimate knowledge of the users and technology.
- Develops and maintains appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate future investment.
- Ensure Agile Methodology compliance throughout company activities
- Coordinate and respond to support requests.
- Lead meetings with clients to go over tasks, progress, and goals
- Assign tasks and tickets to developers
- Learn and document the features and behaviors of products we build for clients
- Train clients on the use of the products we build them
- JIRA Atlassian Administrator (JIRA Software, JIRA Service Desk, JIRA Confluence)
- Research and implement Atlassian best practices
- Actively develop and improve JIRA skill set by keeping aware of JIRA industry trends, tools, and techniques
- Train staff on JIRA/Confluence and navigating our projects and spaces
- Create epics, stories, and tasks based on client requirements (following SCRUM/KANBAN)
- One day a week, you will take part in 30-60 minute long leadership training sessions with the CEO over videoconference. Videos and short reading assignments are mandatory.
- Work hours that allow support for US based clients from 9 am to 5 pm ET, Monday through Friday:
- 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. Accra time
- 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. Lagos time
- 4 p.m. to 12 a.m. Uganda time
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field, OR 4+ years product or project development experience
- Established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, understanding of Agile principles
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Knowledge of the Software Development Cycle
- Knowledge of or experience using Agile (SCRUM/KANBAN)
Candidates with the following skills and experience will be given a stronger preference:
- Certified Scrum Product Owner Certification (CSPO)
- ACP-620 Managing Jira Projects for Cloud Certification
- ACP-420 Managing Jira Service Projects for Cloud
- Front-End Web Development and theming experience with WordPress
- Webmaster experience with WordPress
- Experience using command-line text editors like VIM
- Atlassian certified JIRA Administrator preferred
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced, and demanding environment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask; avoids getting caught up in unimportant details
- Deadline oriented with the ability to perform under pressure
- Dedication to do whatever is needed to get the job done
- You are a lifelong learner, always willing to accept new opportunities and always willing to learn new skills.
- You remain up-to-date on modern artistic trends within scope of expertise to provide ideas, guidance, and recommendations
You must have strong English language (verbal and written communication) skills. Candidate should be able to contribute in group meetings, provide project updates, write functional/training documents and relay information accurately to other parties.
Teamwork and Values
We are looking for someone who is approachable, friendly, enjoys working in a team environment, with self awareness and a high emotional intelligence (EQ). We expect you to be teachable, flexible, and ready to learn our internal workflow utilizing JIRA, git, MacOS computers, and our suite of development and design software, including Vim, Coda, and Transmit
*Benefits only applicable after a successful 3 month evaluation period and upon the offer of a full-time position.