👩🏾💻 Remote iOS Engineer – West Africa
6M - 8.4M Naira per year
Salary Pegged to US Dollar
10% salary increase if you accept Bitcoin
We are looking for a self-driven and experienced iOS engineer to join our growing company, and work remotely as an international contractor in West Africa. If chosen, you would be responsible for developing our existing iOS Apps, and getting new iOS devs up to speed with our codebase.
To perform well on this job, you will require a reliable internet connection, and an Apple Computer.
To be considered for this job, you will need to pass a coding exam.
👩🏾🔬 👩🏾💻 Aeeiee supports women in STEM! We wish to promote gender diversity in our team and encourage women to apply for our new open positions.
- Develop, optimize, and maintain iOS apps.
- Participate as either project lead or team member in a wide variety of development projects
- Efficiently manage assigned project and tickets, and communicate with Lead Developer and Product Owner
- One day a week, you will take part in 60-120 minute long leadership training sessions with the CEO over videoconference. Videos and short reading assignments are mandatory.
- Work hours that allow a minimum of a 4 hour overlap with our Arizona team. (e.g. 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. Lagos time)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 4+ years related experience and/or training
- Demonstrated knowledge of Swift
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- At least 3 year iOS development experience
- Experience with software architecture, web services (e.g. REST, SOAP, JSON), version control (e.g. Git & Github), and Mac OS
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of the software development lifecycle: design, functional and technical requirements, coding, debugging, testing, release, and operational support
- Experience using a Linux/UNIX Command Line Interface
Candidates with the following skills and experience will be given a stronger preference:
- 4+ years iOS Engineering experience
- Experience in Java and MVC architecture is a big plus!
- Experience using command-line text editors like VIM
- Familiarity with IT tools like Atlassian Suite and JIRA
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced, and demanding environment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask; avoids getting caught up in unimportant details
- Deadline oriented with the ability to perform under pressure
- Dedication to do whatever is needed to get the job done
- You are a lifelong learner, always willing to accept new opportunities and always curious to gain new skills.
- You remain abreast of Apple’s Development and technology directions, initiative and trends within scope of expertise to provide ideas, guidance, and recommendations
You must have strong English language (verbal and written communication) skills. Candidate should be able to contribute in group meetings, provide project updates, write functional/training documents and relay information accurately to other parties.
Teamwork and Values
We are looking for someone who is approachable, friendly, enjoys working in a team environment, with self awareness and a high emotional intelligence (EQ). We are looking for someone who loves learning and is not intimidated by reading. Above all, we’re looking for a person with high personal standards of excellence and integrity.