100% Paid Medical Premiums*
1% Company Equity*
We are looking for a self-driven and enthusiastic Project Manager to join our growing company, and work out of our office on Mill Ave & 4th Street, in Tempe, Arizona. If chosen, you would be responsible for project management, client interaction, documentation, and light front-end coding.
The job will begin as a part-time paid internship, and include on-the-job training and evaluation over the course of 3 months. At the end of the 3 months, you will be given a final evaluation to determine if you’re a good fit for the company.
We are flexible and can work around class schedules. We’re walking distance from ASU’s Tempe Campus, and just a 30 second walk from the Light Rail!
- JIRA Atlassian Administrator (JIRA Software, JIRA Service Desk, JIRA Confluence)
- Coordinate and respond to support requests.
- Lead meetings with clients to go over tasks, progress, and goals
- Assign tasks and tickets to developers
- Learn and document the features and behaviors of products we build for clients
- Train clients on the use of the products we build them
- Research and implement Atlassian best practices
- Actively develop and improve JIRA skill set by keeping aware of JIRA industry trends, tools, and techniques
- Train staff on JIRA/Confluence and navigating our projects and spaces
- Create epics, stories, and tasks based on client requirements (following SCRUM/KANBAN)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field, or 2+ years related experience and/or training
- Knowledge of the Software Development Cycle
- Knowledge of or experience using Agile (SCRUM/KANBAN)
- Basic UX prototyping and the ability to create mockups for clients
Candidates with the following skills and experience will be given a stronger preference:
- Experience in UX design
- Front-End Web Development and theming experience with WordPress
- Webmaster experience with WordPress
- Experience using command-line text editors like VIM
- Atlassian certified JIRA Administrator preferred
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced, and demanding environment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask; avoids getting caught up in unimportant details
- Deadline oriented with the ability to perform under pressure
- Dedication to do whatever is needed to get the job done
- You are a lifelong learner, always willing to accept new opportunities and always willing to learn new skills.
- You remain up-to-date on modern artistic trends within scope of expertise to provide ideas, guidance, and recommendations
You must have strong English language (verbal and written communication) skills. Candidate should be able to contribute in group meetings, provide project updates, write functional/training documents and relay information accurately to other parties.
Teamwork and Values
We are looking for someone who is approachable, friendly, enjoys working in a team environment, with self awareness and a high emotional intelligence (EQ). We expect you to be teachable, flexible, and ready to learn our internal workflow utilizing JIRA, git, MacOS computers, and our suite of development and design software, including Vim, Coda, and Transmit
I’m Interested, but not Sure I’m Qualified
If you have a strong background in Software Engineering, or have at least passed ASU’s CSE 360: Intro to Software Engineering, or an equivalent course, we can provide on-the-job training to get you where you need to be. Remember, it’s an internship at first. If you perform well, you get the full time job.
*Benefits only applicable after a successful 3 month evaluation period and upon the offer of a full-time position.