Junior Software Engineer
1% Company Equity
We are looking for a self-driven and ambitious software engineer to join our growing company, and work out of our new office on Mill Ave & 4th Street, in Tempe, Arizona. If you’re a recent ASU Computer Science graduate (or if you’re close to graduating), this could be the job for you!
If chosen, you would be responsible for developing consumer and enterprise software for web and mobile in a variety of languages.
- Design, implement, and maintain software for our clients
- Participate as either project lead or team member in a wide variety of development projects
- Weekly rotating on-call technical support for clients
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field OR completed CSE 310 and CSE 360 with a B or better OR 2+ years demonstrated software development experience and/or training
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience with software architecture, web services (e.g. REST, SOAP, JSON), application stacks (e.g. WAMP, LAMP), version control (e.g. Git & Github), OS platforms (e.g. Linux, Mac), web and application servers (e.g. Apache, IIS)
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of the software development lifecycle: design, functional and technical requirements, coding, debugging, testing, release, and operational support
- Experience using a Linux/UNIX Command Line Interface
Candidates with the following skills and experience will be given a stronger preference:
- CS Degree with a minor in Game Design
- Experience in Java and MVC architecture is a big plus!
- Experience using command-line text editors like VIM
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced, and demanding environment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask; avoids getting caught up in unimportant details
- Deadline oriented with the ability to perform under pressure
- Dedication to do whatever is needed to get the job done
- You are a lifelong learner, always willing to accept new opportunities and always curious to gain new skills.
- Remains abreast of technology directions, initiative and trends within scope of expertise to provide ideas, guidance, and recommendations
You must have strong English language (verbal and written communication) skills. Candidate should be able to contribute in group meetings, provide project updates, write functional/training documents and relay information accurately to other parties.
Teamwork and Values
We are looking for someone who is approachable, friendly, enjoys working in a team environment, with self awareness and a high emotional intelligence (EQ).