Graphic Designer & Front End Web Developer
100% Paid Medical Premiums*
1% Company Equity*
The job will begin as a part-time paid internship, and include on-the-job training and evaluation over the course of 3 months. At the end of the 3 months, you will be given a final evaluation to determine if you’re a good fit for the company.
We are flexible and can work around class schedules. We’re walking distance from ASU’s Tempe Campus, and just a 30 second walk from the Light Rail!
- Design color schemes, logos, branding, and vector images
- Create paper prototypes, wireframes, and digital website mockups for clients, which will then be converted by our developers into code
- Participate as either project lead or team member in a wide variety of development projects
- Meeting with clients to create and artistic vision for their brand and website
- Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design or a related field, or 2+ years related experience and/or training
- A reasonable sized portfolio showing your graphic design artwork, digital or otherwise
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of the artistic and branding process: artistic balance, color scheme, color psychology, font typography, etc.
- Experience in drawing Vector Art in Adobe Illustrator or Sketch
- Demonstrated proficiency in Digital Art, drawing with a mouse or pen
- Experience in UX design
Candidates with the following skills and experience will be given a stronger preference:
- Experience with the Full Adobe Creative Cloud Suite: Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator, etc.
- Front-End Web Development and theming experience with WordPress
- Webmaster experience with WordPress
- Experience using command-line text editors like VIM
- Familiarity with IT tools like Atlassian Suite and JIRA
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced, and demanding environment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask; avoids getting caught up in unimportant details
- Deadline oriented with the ability to perform under pressure
- Dedication to do whatever is needed to get the job done
- You are a lifelong learner, always willing to accept new opportunities and always willing to learn new skills.
- You remain up-to-date on modern artistic trends within scope of expertise to provide ideas, guidance, and recommendations
You must have strong English language (verbal and written communication) skills. Candidate should be able to contribute in group meetings, provide project updates, write functional/training documents and relay information accurately to other parties.
Teamwork and Values
We are looking for someone who is approachable, friendly, enjoys working in a team environment, with self awareness and a high emotional intelligence (EQ). We expect you to be teachable, flexible, and ready to learn our internal workflow utilizing JIRA, git, MacOS computers, and our suite of development and design software, including Vim, Coda, Transmit, and Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
*Benefits only applicable after a successful 3 month evaluation period and upon the offer of a full-time position.