👩🏾💻 Remote Digital Illustrator – Africa
2.7M to 4M Naira per year (42k to 63k GHS per year)
Salary Pegged to US Dollar
21 Days PTO + local Federal Holidays
We are looking for a self-driven and enthusiastic Digital Illustrator to join our growing company, and work remotely as an international contractor in Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, or Tanzania. The ideal candidate will possess a skill set that encompasses both hand drawn art, and digital art and the ability to carry out implementation with our development team in an Agile environment. We are not looking for Graphic Designers or UX Designers. We are looking for Digital Illustrators or Digital Artists with a passion for drawing digital art with mouse and pen: captivating digital art, portraits, game characters and assets for our growing library of apps, games, and websites.
Imagine hand drawing the portrait of an ancient Egyptian Pharaoh for a video game, or an NFT. You’ll do that at Aeeiee!
To perform well on this job, you will require a reliable internet connection for regular online video conferencing.
👩🏾🔬 👩🏾💻 Aeeiee supports women in STEM! We wish to promote gender diversity in our team and encourage women to apply for our new open positions.
- Create and design various materials for print and digital collateral
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand
- Create vector based artwork for apps, games, and websites.
- Establish creative direction for the company as well as brand guidelines
- Test graphics across various media, and optimize photographs and artwork for viewing on the web.
- Perform retouching and manipulation of images
- Efficiently manage assigned project and tickets, and communicate with Product Owner and UX Team
- One day a week, you will take part in 60-120 minute long leadership training sessions with the CEO over videoconference. Videos and short reading assignments are mandatory.
- Work hours that allow a minimum of a 4 hour overlap with our USA team and India team.
- 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Accra time
- 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. Lagos time
- 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. Uganda time
- Bachelors Degree in Art, Graphic Design, or a related field, OR 2+ years experience as a Graphic Designer or similar role
- Experience creating Vector graphics
- A reasonably sized portfolio showing your artwork, digital or otherwise
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of the artistic and branding process: artistic balance, color scheme, color psychology, font typography, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Digital Art, drawing with a mouse or pen
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud products including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe XD, or other graphic design software like Sketch.
Candidates with the following skills and experience will be given a stronger preference:
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to handle simultaneous projects and meet established deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Dedication to do whatever is needed to get the job done
- You are a lifelong learner, open to new opportunities and always willing to learn new skills.
- 3D Art experience
- Animation experience
You must have strong English language (verbal and written communication) skills. Candidate should be able to contribute in group meetings, provide project updates, write functional/training documents and relay information accurately to other parties.
Teamwork and Values
We are looking for someone who is approachable, friendly, enjoys working in a team environment, with self awareness and a high emotional intelligence (EQ). We are looking for someone who loves learning and is not intimidated by reading. Above all, we’re looking for a person with high personal standards of excellence and integrity.