Back-End Web Developer
1% Company Equity
- Design, implement, and maintain custom WordPress plugins
- Participate as either project lead or team member in a wide variety of development projects
- Weekly rotating on-call technical support for clients
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 4+ years related experience and/or training
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- At least one year advanced WordPress development experience
- Experience with software architecture, web services (e.g. REST, SOAP, JSON), application stacks (e.g. WAMP, LAMP), version control (e.g. Git & Github), OS platforms (e.g. Linux, Mac), web and application servers (e.g. Apache, IIS)
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of the software development lifecycle: design, functional and technical requirements, coding, debugging, testing, release, and operational support
- Experience using a Linux/UNIX Command Line Interface
Candidates with the following skills and experience will be given a stronger preference:
- Experience in Java and MVC architecture is a big plus!
- Experience using command-line text editors like VIM
- Familiarity with IT tools like Atlassian Suite and JIRA
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced, and demanding environment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask; avoids getting caught up in unimportant details
- Deadline oriented with the ability to perform under pressure
- Dedication to do whatever is needed to get the job done
- You are a lifelong learner, always willing to accept new opportunities and always curious to gain new skills.
- Remains abreast of technology directions, initiative and trends within scope of expertise to provide ideas, guidance, and recommendations
You must have strong English language (verbal and written communication) skills. Candidate should be able to contribute in group meetings, provide project updates, write functional/training documents and relay information accurately to other parties.
Teamwork and Values
We are looking for someone who is approachable, friendly, enjoys working in a team environment, with self awareness and a high emotional intelligence (EQ).